Blue Moon is an 11.7mm tree climbing rope from Yale Cordage. Blue Moon combines the lightweight characteristics of 11mm ropes and the more conventional sizing of the ½climbing lines. Blue Moon features the exact same construction as the popular Poison Ivy climbing rope — with an attractive Blue, Red, and Black color scheme. This rope comes supplied with a tight eye splice.
- Competition Grade.
- Smooth cover for mechanical ascension
- Lowest elongation results in minimal bounce
- Smaller diameters are also favorable for recreational climbers
- Features Yale’s “Tite-Braid” cover that virtually eliminates cover milking.
- Braided filament polyester core creates a firm rope that provides superior working-flex service life without work hardening.
Average Breaking Strength: 6500 lbs.
Working Load Limit: 650 lbs.
Weight: 6.5 lbs per 100′
Knotted Strength: 4800 lbs.