The Multiline II rigging line is a 3-strand composite rope, constructed by twisting three strands of a blend of polyester and filaments around a polyolefin core.
The polyolefin core keeps the rope firm and round without adding weight, which improves abrasion resistance and handling. The blend of polyester and filaments gives our Multiline II its characteristic fuzzy feel and makes it easier to grip, even when wet. Also, Multiline II provides the most consistent supple feel over time of any commercially available twisted rope. It is available in 1/2″ diameter and 5’8″ diameter
Multiline II is easily identified by its familiar two orange markers.
The benefits of Multiline II are:
- Good grip and knot holding ability, even when wet
- Excellent knot holding ability and good handling
- Great ease of splicing
- Consistently supple feel throughout the service life of the rope
- Polyolefin keeps line diameter up without adding weight.
- Very little water absorption
- Multiline II will not break down from UV exposure
- Soft, spun polyester is added to the surface for better grip and chafe protection