Heat-treated Large Steel Locking D was created to address the need for a very strong steel carabiner without adding unnecessary weight and size. Built to the same specifications as the standard SMC Large Locking Steel Carabiner and certified by Underwriters Laboratories to meet NFPA “G” General Use standards but with an additional step of heat-treatment in order to provide an incredible 30% greater strength.
The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the knob binding on the frame after the carabiner has been loaded. Considered by many to be a “hybrid” design, this steel carabiner incorporates a stainless steel gate and locking sleeve for greater strength, smoother action and long-lasting reliability. All the components in this carabiner are meticulously
hand-finished after machining resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory.
If you want a carabiner that performs the just as well after 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it then you need to buy this one. Available in Bright Zinc plated.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to meet NFPA1983 “G” General Use.
- Heat treated high quality Alloy Steel for optimal ratio of strength to weight.
- Unique “hybrid” design utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Offset D shape results in larger gate opening.
- Made in USA.