The SMC Locking D Series carabiner is a true representation of timeless quality and attention to detail. As one of the most versatile mid-sized locking carabiners on the market you will find that form and function are unsurpassed. The enduring design of the SMC Locking D has become a standard in rock climbing, mountaineering and rescue applications as well as in ever increasing industrial applications due to its high strength, light weight, wide gate opening and overall functional versatility.
Like their Mountain D and Light D Series carabiners the asymmetrical frame is slightly flattened for an increased strength-to-weight ratio, internal components are stainless steel, and the locking sleeve engages on the gate not on the carabiner frame to help prevent jamming or vibrating loose.
SMC assures that all carabiners are 100% visually and physically inspected. Our attention to detail and precision craftsmanship guarantees you receive the highest level of quality, value and flawless performance insuring your carabiners are amongst the finest in the world.
Also available as NFPA Certified for Technical Use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Simple design uses minimum number of parts/ components providing for excellent and reliable functionality.
- Modified D shape provides for larger gate opening.
- Sleeve locks on gate not the frame, resulting in greater reliability and less jamming.
- The asymmetrical frame is slightly flattened for increased strength-to-weight ratio.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for virtually snag-free operation.
- Made in USA.