Lite Steel Series is without question the most popular carabiner series SMC manufactures. You’ll have to look long and hard for a lighter weight steel carabiner that meets all the requirements for industrial work and rescue. Aptly described as a “hybrid” the Lite Alloy incorporates a stainless steel gate and locking sleeve for superb action, greater strength and exceptional reliability.
The SMC ANSI FP (Fall Protection) Lite Alloy has been specifically designed for all your fall protection requirements including optional captive eye pin which can be added as required.
Built from the ground up giving you the best of the best in carabiner functionality. The FP features a 1” gate opening, key lock, dual action auto locking gates compliant with the new ANSI Z359.12 2009 edition standards. The exceptional gate break strength of 16kN or 3600 lbf and a total MBS of 45kN or 10,116 lbf make this truly one bomb proof carabiner. Weighing in at only 254 grams means you don’t have to sacrifice strength for weight when working at height all day long.
All the components in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each SMC carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Certified to NFPA 1983 “G” General Use
- Certified to ANSI Z359.12 (2009 edition)
- Manufactured using high quality Alloy Steel for optimal ratio of strength to weight.
- Utilizes stainless steel internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Auto-Locking Twist Lock sleeve is designed to be easily opened.
- Optional pin included to provide a Captive Eye.
- Made in the USA.