Self-braking descender with anti-panic function, with multi-function handle that allows descent control, easier movement on inclined or horizontal terrain and positioning at the work station without the need to tie off the device. The anti-panic function only activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle. The I’D S descender has an anti-error catch to reduce the chance of an accident, and a gate that helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
– unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
– move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
– position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide when ascending
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a progress-capture haul system, and for short rope ascents (by adding a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits
- Lowers heavy loads up to 550 lbs.