*This product does not qualify for any discounts or promotions and carries long lead times*
More is Possible
Introducing the all-new CLUTCH, the latest evolution in rescue and rope access hardware that enables the technical rope professional to do more with less. This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high performance sailing.
Suited to a multitude of rigging operations, the CLUTCH delivers efficient operation, ease of use, and optimal control. It moves seamlessly between anchor-based systems and personal use, offering unmatched versatility for the rope technician. With the CLUTCH, more is possible.
- Single wearable tool for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending, belaying, and Twin Tension Rope Systems.
- Delivers up to 38% higher efficiency in hauling and ascending than a cam-style device: reducing changeovers.
- Moves seamlessly between anchor-based systems and personal use: reducing gear cache volume and weight.
- Combines the key features of personal descenders and load management devices: reducing equipment training and cost.
- Instantly transitions between hauling and lowering or ascent and descent without having to transfer the load.
- Allows main and belay lines to be mirrored, twin-tensioned, or nested in Double CLUTCH technique (handles controlled by single operator).
- Replaces 8 pieces of traditional equipment: pulley, rescue rack, anchor plate, load release strap, prusik cord, and 3 carabiners.
- The 11 mm CLUTCH and CMC’s G11™ Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G-Rated systems using 11mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
- The 11 mm CLUTCH is compatible with 10.5 – 11 mm rope and certified to NFPA 1983 General Use, ANSI, and EN standards. It’s the only device for 10.5 – 11 mm rope that carries all these certifications.
- The 13 mm CLUTCH is compatible with 12.5 – 13 mm rope and certified to NFPA 1983 General Use and ANSI standards.
- Patented. Made in the USA.