Worn around a paddler’s waist, the NRS Zephyr Inflatable PFD is the perfect alternative to traditional life jackets for flatwater or near-shore stand-up paddling.
- This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 15.5 lbs. of flotation and only meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements as a Type III lifejacket when worn. (See Note below.)
- The Zephyr is stored in a compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack that stays out of your way for SUP, surfing or wading.
- In the event of a swim, simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the red tab to inflate with pressurized CO2 and secure the inflated PFD over your head.
- Adjustment straps on the inflated PFD allow for a customized fit.
- Waist belt features a zippered stretch pocket with internal tether for keys or a whistle.
- Also features a manual back-up valve, reflective accents and two D-ring attachment points.
- Includes a 24 gram CO2 cartridge. Replacement CO2 Re-Arming Kits are sold separately.
- CO2 cartridges are one-time-use only. It’s good practice to keep an extra CO2 cartridge on hand to re-arm the PFD after each inflation.
Note: An inflatable PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you must have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
|Waist Size:||Belt fits waist 27″-50″ (69-127 cm) in circumference|
|US Coast Guard Type:||Type V, meets Coast Guard requirement for a Type III PFD when it is worn.|
|Design Flotation:||15.5 lbs.|
|Entry System:||Adjustable waist belt with side-release buckle|